The Cyclone was awesome!]]>
Having lived in Brooklyn for 31 years, I have no problem saying that:
1. Never joined that bunch of aging hippie wannabes known as the Park Slope Food Co-op.
2. Never ate at Peter Luger. Went once without a reservation and was told to come back on Tuesday at 4:30 p.m. Can get a better steak in a collaboration between Fairway and my grill in the back yard.
3. Rode the Cyclone, about two years ago. Thought I was gonna break my neck. (A rider died a few years back, of a broken neck–didn’t hear that until afterwards.) It’s not worth the 8 bucks for the short ride–except for bragging rights, and who needs them?
4. No drive-by for me either. No muggings in Brooklyn, even in the bad old days of the 80s and early 90s.
5. Went to Governor’s Island–but back when nothing was happening there. Still a Coast Guard base back then, it was like a slice of Kansas in New York harbor. Maybe it’s better now.
Make your millions so you can move back. Cause the other thing you haven’t done in Brooklyn is grow old, and see your children grow up here.]]>
Hey! I ride roller coasters.]]>
You don’t ride roller coasters? What are you, a communist?
If you weren’t shot in a drive-by, it just means you weren’t representin’.
And you can still be shot in a drive-by in Jersey. Don’t kid yourself.]]>