This is a very common thought for the single Mormon. Because fornication (and things like unto it) is verboten all we really have is kissing. As we brag to our roommates about kissing the hot chick at the party there is a parallel conversation happening at UCLA where someone is bragging to his roommates about having sex with that hot chick at the party.
In fact, almost everything is parallel:
– For them, both parties on a date are always thinking about how to have/how to get out of sex at the end of the night. For us, both parties on a date are always thinking about how to kiss/how to get out of kissing at the end of the night.
– They almost always know how many people they’ve had sex with (unless it’s prohibitively high). We almost always know how many people we’ve kissed (unless it’s prohibitively high).
– They have sluts who “put out” (sex), often drunk. We have sluts who “put out” (kissing), rarely drunk though, I don’t know what our excuse is.
– The “acceptable” number of sexual partners is all relative to them. The “acceptable” number of kissing partners is all relative to us (depending if I’m talking with my bishop or my buddy).
– They have virgins to make fun of. We have the VL club (Virgin Lips club) to make fun of.
– Likewise they have the virgins who say they are virgins because they are “saving themselves” when really they just haven’t had the opportunity to have sex. We have VL’s who say they are VL’s because they are “saving themselves” when really they just haven’t had the opportunity to kiss.
– They generally partner with those who have slept with similar numbers of people. We generally partner with those who have kissed similar numbers of people (my wife has kissed one more guy than I’ve kissed girls).
– Viewing sex on-screen for them is about the same as viewing a kiss on-screen is for us.
I’d also like to point out that BYU is full of “easy” girls. I kissed more girls my first year off my mission than my entire life before my mission (though it’s not much, mind you). And I should say the number of girls I kissed before getting married is definitely acceptable.