It’s always fun when Internet dorks gather together in real life.
If you don’t recognize most of those names, it’s because they’re solo bloggers. (Except for Hollywood, who in addition to her personal blog also blogs at Mormon Mommy Wars.) I often find myself enjoying people’s personal blogs more than I do a lot of the group LDS blogs. I think personal blogs in the LDS blog world get overlooked often. I’ve always wished there were an aggregator for personal blogs.
So if you have a personal blog, tell us about it in the comments.
S’mee and Chronicler arranged for us to eat on a private balcony at the Disneyland Hotel. Chronicler made us a yummy salad and some kind of evil chocolate balls that I barely resisted gobbling down (can’t eat sugar). S’mee brought goodies for Hollywood’s two daughters, who were cute as could be and I must say, very well behaved.
Desert hiking & petroglyphs
How Chevy Chase saved S’mee’s life
Labor and delivery
Conspiracy theories, FBI watchlists, and NASA
And lots more. It was really fun to meet everyone. Hope we can do it again soon. Unfortunately some of the bloggers invited couldn’t make it, so next time we should probably try for a Saturday.
Left to right: Hollywood with her two daughters, Chronicler, Susan, S’mee, S’mee’s fam
S’mee had giftbags for the kids to keep them occupied, full of stickers, magic wands, etc. She made the rest of us gift bags full of gorgeous photo cards hand-made from photos she’s taken, a couple of mini photo frames, and other goodies. Chronicler made us all stickers for our cars that say “SoCal Blogger” and then another little sticker with an individualized graphic for each of us. (I got a camera!)
I made everyone a mix CD that I threw together really fast. I didn’t have time to even listen to it beforehand, so I apologize now if there’s anything objectionable on it (like swearing)! I tried to find songs with titles that related in some way to blogging:
The Blogging Mix
1. Everyday I Write the Book – Elvis Costello
2. The Book of Right-On – Joanna Newsom
3. The Electric Version – New Pornographers
4. Talk About the Passion – R.E.M
5. My Secret Is My Silence – Roddy Woomble
6. Tell Me Something Good – Rufus
7. Wasted Time – Screaming Trees
8. All the Things She Said – Simple Minds
9. The Drama You’ve Been Craving – Sleater-Kinney
10. In Someone Else’s Mind – TheSoundtrack Of Our Lives
11. So The Story Goes – Ash
12. The General Specific – Band of Horses
13. Beautiful Madness – Bell x1
14. She’s A Mover – Big Star
15. In Your Mind – Built to Spill
16. Are You Trying To Be Funny? – Everything But The Girl
17. Perfect Opening Line – The Frames
18. Who Cares – Gnarls Barkley
19. Truckloads Of Nothin’ – The Hellacopters
20. It’s Only Entertainment – Josh Joplin Group
21. California – Low
22. If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out – Cat Stevens
If anyone else wants a copy, just drop me an email. And solo bloggers, give us links to your blog. Anyone else in Southern Cali? We’ve gotta do this again sometime.